Dave Liquorice

Default Electrical funny

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:28:58 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

I think 30mA is fine for a small house, but not a large one really.

A whole house RCD should be a 100mA time delayed device. It is there
for circuit protection because the earth loop impedance is (or maybe)
to high for prospective fault currents to be large enough to trip
overload devices within the specified time(s). It is not there for
shock protection.

Well we're running more electronic stuff than that nat P but I'm
bugg**ed if I'd rely on a 100 ma trip for protection against
accidental contact!...

Quite. For that you need a 30mA non-delayed device, even then a belt
through one of those hurts. The delayed/non-delayed action is to
provide discrimination between the devices, the current rating alone
does not guarantee that.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail