Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Caliche removal

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:58:43 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote

I never had anywhere near 12" when I lived in Las Vegas -- 2" was about it
most of the time. John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

This is in Toquerville, Utah, just north of St. George. It is deceptive
because most of the terrain there is red sandstone or red sand dunes. But
just under that lies caliche in some places.

Steve

More difficult to remove than Las Vegas? Or more costly, due to the
remote area?

Pool builders use the "caliche" word here to tack added cost or so it
seems. It can frighten a person; when they say _we don't know how much
caliche is there_!

Hire the job out and don't stroke over it. d8=

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..