Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Problem

The device Jake mentions. You can get one similar to this at
Home Depot for about $25. I needed one when cat litter got
flushed through my bowl, and this was the only thing that cleared
the drain. worth every penny.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Big_Jake" wrote in message
ups.com...
: On Jun 5, 2:23 pm, "Pat in Atlanta" wrote:
: We have a toilet that flushes but only when there's almost
nothing in it.
: We've tried a snake but it didn't clear it. Plumbers want
$250 to use one
: of their snakes plus $50 to come to the house. Any
suggestions would be
: appreciated.
:
: Did you use a "wimpy" snake or a high quality toilet auger.
The
: larger head on the auger will be more likely to dislodge
objects that
: are large enough to partially obstruct the trap but small
enough to
: let water pass.
:
: Here is what I use:
:
:
http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail....endoor&r2=&r3=
:
: In the past week I have dislodged a toothbrush and the plastic
: "spindle" from the tp holder from two toilets at my rental
properties.
:
: Good luck!
: