Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Toilet Problem

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:45:45 -0000, Big_Jake
wrote:

On Jun 5, 2:23 pm, "Pat in Atlanta" wrote:
We have a toilet that flushes but only when there's almost nothing in it.
We've tried a snake but it didn't clear it. Plumbers want $250 to use one
of their snakes plus $50 to come to the house. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Did you use a "wimpy" snake or a high quality toilet auger. The
larger head on the auger will be more likely to dislodge objects that
are large enough to partially obstruct the trap but small enough to
let water pass.

Here is what I use:

http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail....endoor&r2=&r3=

In the past week I have dislodged a toothbrush and the plastic
"spindle" from the tp holder from two toilets at my rental properties.

A couple days ago, I knocked the remote control from my bathroom tv
into the toilet, and I'm not even a renter!

But maybe since I"m not a renter, I did remove it. The light was off
in the bathroom and it took me a few seconds, 5?, to see what had
happened.

I got it out and wiped it off, and didn't try to use it for a while
since I figured it was fine. It didn't work! I opened the battery
compartment and there was water inside. I didn't expect that. I spun
the batteries but that didn't help. I let it sit for almost 2 days,
and now it works again. I thought I would either have to do nothing,
or in this case, do more.

Good luck!

JK