Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Do they still make these room ACs?

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:07:23 -0700, wrote:

I'd love to have one of these, but I had confirmned last year that
they had stopped making them long ago. I thought thet they were made
by Panasonic though. Great idea to keep the noise out there, but I
guess when you can buy a noisey Haier at Wal Mart for $100 nobody
would pay $300 for a Panasonic. These are not mini-split systems, but
ones that hung from the window.

I've been looking for a code-a-phone answering machine on Ebay, and it
seems code-a-phone was made by at least 4 companies over the years.
In that case the brand didn't change, but maybe the model was sold
from Frigidaire to Panasonic.

Frankly, when my friend got this one, I don't think Panasonic made
anything but radios. About 1965 or 75, I think.