Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater bob kater is offline

Default Toilet Problem

Age of some toilets is also the problem, back in 98 Eljer had flushing
problems and redisigned the toilet changing the flow out. Bars of soap do
not dislodge easily, toothpicks float and so so ping-pong balls along with
the plastic container for feminine products just some of the collections we
have found
"Big_Jake" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 5, 2:23 pm, "Pat in Atlanta" wrote:
We have a toilet that flushes but only when there's almost nothing in it.
We've tried a snake but it didn't clear it. Plumbers want $250 to use
one
of their snakes plus $50 to come to the house. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Did you use a "wimpy" snake or a high quality toilet auger. The
larger head on the auger will be more likely to dislodge objects that
are large enough to partially obstruct the trap but small enough to
let water pass.

Here is what I use:

http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail....endoor&r2=&r3=

In the past week I have dislodged a toothbrush and the plastic
"spindle" from the tp holder from two toilets at my rental properties.

Good luck!

JK