Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default arsenic removal from water

On Jun 5, 3:49 pm, "EXT" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Mark Modrall wrote:
Hi...

My wife's been looking into arsenic removal systems for our house.
We tested the water and have pentavalent arsenic in it exceeding the
new standards.

She's got it down to Purolite's Arsenix system and ResinTech's
ASM-10-HP (an anion exchange system). She was wondering if anyone out
there had opinions about which one was better. The former says their
media last 3 years, the latter 5, but she's finding none of the
vendors who actually install the stuff warrantee either out nearly
that far.

The old standard of 50 parts per billion was in force for about a zillion
years. The new standard, 10 parts per billion, has as much science behind
it as did the ban on silicone breast implants.

If your water is below 50, save your money.

I just read that low levels of arsenic can prevent certain forms of cancer.

I seem to recall arsenic grows old lace...or makes lace grow old, or
something like that, anyway...