Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Toilet Problem

On Jun 5, 2:23 pm, "Pat in Atlanta" wrote:
We have a toilet that flushes but only when there's almost nothing in it.
We've tried a snake but it didn't clear it. Plumbers want $250 to use one
of their snakes plus $50 to come to the house. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Did you use a "wimpy" snake or a high quality toilet auger. The
larger head on the auger will be more likely to dislodge objects that
are large enough to partially obstruct the trap but small enough to
let water pass.

Here is what I use:

http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail....endoor&r2=&r3=

In the past week I have dislodged a toothbrush and the plastic
"spindle" from the tp holder from two toilets at my rental properties.

Good luck!

JK