Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

RonB wrote:

Me too. I put a "to-the-bone" notch in the end of a finger a few years ago
with the saw's motor off. I flipped the switch off, started to walk away,
and realized I had left a cut-off piece on the table. I carelessly
overreached the still spinning blade and "bang"!

That's a hard hit when bone is involved. Very painful, but an invaluable
lesson in safety. I am lucky, and a much more careful woodworker for it.

RonB

Is the SawStop's safety mechanism is still active when the saw is shut
off and the blade is coasting to a stop?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA