Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Permit for Suspended / Drop Ceiling?

Many areas will "require" a permit to hang a picture on the wall (tongue in
cheek), but other than collect the fee and make you fill in some paperwork
will do nothing other than issue the permit. They don't have the time or the
inclination to inspect such minor work. I wouldn't bother but then I usually
install or build to "better than code".

"Larry W" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:
Typically, is a permit required in order to install a suspended (aka
drop) ceiling (i.e. in a basement)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Typically, some jurisdictions would require a permit while others
typically
would not.