Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger Mike Berger is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

Have you ever seen a sawstop on the used market? They don't have
any dissatisfied customers that I've ever heard of. If you can
afford to pay the extra, you're right -- one injury prevented will
make it worth all the additional cost and more.

Howard Swope wrote:
I am getting ready to make a table saw purchase. I have pretty much decided
on getting the SawStop http://www.sawstop.com/. It looks like a high quality
saw and the safety features can't be beat. It is about double what I had
originally wanted to spend. My thought was that if it prevents one injury it
has easily paid for itself. An extra 2 grand seems like a lot of money until
you weight it against the loss of a finger(s), and then that 2 grand seems
like nothing.

Thoughts, comments, advice?

Thanks,
Howard