Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Dishwasher Not Filling Completely With Water

"mm" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:05:21 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:57:51 -0000, demiurge
wrote:

On Jun 4, 11:52 am, "Art" wrote:
Just thought I would point out that you will probably be much happier
with a
new dishwasher. A good one (check consumer reports ratings) will very
reasonably priced, quiet and get your dishes clean without rinsing.
One
of
the great advances in dishwashers is that they stop for a moment and
let
the
garbage settle before pumping out the dirty water.

Is that one new? Mine pauses at that point, I think, and it's 28
years old. I'll do a load to check if you want me too.

How long does it pause for. The new ones give a good thirty seconds or
more. THe old ones just stopped to change modes. In any case the newer
dishwashers do one heck of a job. Of course part of the improvement is
also
the detergents.

Don't usually pay that much attention so I'll have to check. I'm
curios but tired. Maybe tomorrow. With the clothes or dish washer --
dont remember which--, I've gotten impatient and advanced the timer
when it wasn't doing anything. I thought the pause was just a foible
of construction. If it's the dishwasher, I'll stop doing that.

Some of the newest dishwashers actually stop for a moment while washing, let
out a bit of the dirtiest water and then continue.

I was once talking to a dishwasher designer and it was interesting to hear
all the stupid stuff they worry about. For example, are you better off with
a flat wide seal on the door or a narrow seal that has much more pressure
per square inch. All kinds of stuff. Then they put in a crappy motor from
China!