Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nosmo_king58@yahoo.com is offline

Default Installing ceiling fan with 10" joists

On Jun 4, 11:00 pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
If you were able to measure the ten inches between joists then I assume
you have access to the spot from the attic. If so then cutting a piece
of 2X4 to the exact size and drilling a hole through it where you want
the electrical box to be attached is the best way to go.

The space above the hole is finished, so I don't have access to the
joists. I just measured the space using the hole (measure from one
side of hole to one joist, repeat for the other side and add the two
measurements).

A friend has a chop saw with a metal cutting blade. I'm going to cut
the brace as suggested by others.

Thanks.