Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:40:24 GMT, "Howard Swope"
wrote:

I am getting ready to make a table saw purchase. I have pretty much decided
on getting the SawStop http://www.sawstop.com/. It looks like a high quality
saw and the safety features can't be beat. It is about double what I had
originally wanted to spend. My thought was that if it prevents one injury it
has easily paid for itself. An extra 2 grand seems like a lot of money until
you weight it against the loss of a finger(s), and then that 2 grand seems
like nothing.

Thoughts, comments, advice?

I'd like to see how much the contractor saw version ends up costing,
now due out at the end of the year according to their website. Plenty
of saw for a home shop so long as it has a good fence on it.

-Leuf