Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Router table fence question

steamer wrote:
--Ran into a situation the other day where I had to rout a series of
parallel slots in half a dozen pieces. Setting the stops on the
router fence is easy enough for one set of slots but when you
swivel a router fence all of the stop positions change. So I set
out to look for a retrofit fence kit of some kind that would move
the fence back and forth, parallel to the first setting. Well the
guys at the Woodcraft store said there isn't one! So I made one;
not totally happy with the results tho, i.e. it can still wobble a
bit but it's definitely better than nothing at all. --Question:
anyone else been down this road? What did ya wind up
doing?

I wound up with the original Incra jig thing. About $30 20 years
ago...now they got fancy and expensive. Shame they didn't also keep
the original gizmo available.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...