Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Roger is offline

Default Cedar fence need any maintenance?

Hi Roger - the posts I think are pressure treated, so I don't think
they will ever fail. Its just the fence itself, just seems kind of
weak, plitting here and there and broken in a couple of places. The
wood just seems so weak.

It may have been poorly seasoned "green" cedar, which will split as it dries
in place. I would tend to just replace the badly split ones, as needed.
Staining/preserving fences is such a sweat, and results aren't always what
you want. You might ask your neighbors - the ones with the better looking
cedar, what they use on theirs.