Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default A TIP that may save you a lot of grief

"charlieb" wrote in message
I didn't discover this stuff - Michael Fortune did - and share this tip
in one of
his woodworking show classes.

If you've spent hours cleaning up Glue Squeeze Out,

If you've dinged a piece scraping off Glue Squeeze Out,

If you discovered that you hadn't gotten rid of ALL the
Gkue Squeeze Out - unitl you began applying your finish
-and then had it pop out like a sore thumb,

Here's a tip that will make all that GO AWAY - honest.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/E...l/Waxilit.html

Your very welcome.

charlie b

I had looked at purchasing Waxilit from LV last year but they only sell it
during certain times of the year IIRC (something to do with temperatures).
I typically do all my finishing before assembly so it probably wouldn't buy
me much until now. I've pretty much put yellow glue at the back of the
shelf and am using plastic resin glue almost 100% now and although it does
come off of finish, it can still stick pretty good. So, thanks for the
affirmation Charlie. I'll order some!
Cheers,
cc