Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they still make these room ACs?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 4, 4:28?pm, mm wrote:
A friend had a window AC he really liked, designed so that the window
closed to an inch or an inch and a half from where it would close
without the AC.

He said that most of the noise was on the other side of the window, so
it was quiet.

Do they still make this design? It's sounds like a good one.

It either broke, or he moved and had to leave it behind. I'm not
actually looking to buy one, and neither is he, I think.

probably a split system very pricey and thus not popular

Frigidaire Vista series. They never made all that many of them. AFAIK, it
has not been made for a number or years. My company used to supply a part
for them but we've not made it in over 8 years now. It was not a big
seller.