Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Do they still make these room ACs?

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:49:30 -0000, "
wrote:

On Jun 4, 4:28?pm, mm wrote:
A friend had a window AC he really liked, designed so that the window
closed to an inch or an inch and a half from where it would close
without the AC.

He said that most of the noise was on the other side of the window, so
it was quiet.

Do they still make this design? It's sounds like a good one.

It either broke, or he moved and had to leave it behind. I'm not
actually looking to buy one, and neither is he, I think.

probably a split system very pricey and thus not popular

What does split mean? This was just like other window ACs, except
that the tubes between the condensor and evaporator were all the way
on the bottom, so the window could be shut almost all the way. Is
that all that split means, or is there more?