Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

And that is a good upgrade in the thought process of operating procedures
but accidents often happen when there is no wood being processed. And I
thought only an idiot could cut half their thumb off when not cutting
wood. ;~)

Me too. I put a "to-the-bone" notch in the end of a finger a few years ago
with the saw's motor off. I flipped the switch off, started to walk away,
and realized I had left a cut-off piece on the table. I carelessly
overreached the still spinning blade and "bang"!

That's a hard hit when bone is involved. Very painful, but an invaluable
lesson in safety. I am lucky, and a much more careful woodworker for it.

RonB