Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Is A SawStop Table Saw Worth the Money

"Howard Swope" wrote in message
I am getting ready to make a table saw purchase. I have pretty much decided
on getting the SawStop http://www.sawstop.com/. It looks like a high
quality saw and the safety features can't be beat. It is about double what
I had originally wanted to spend. My thought was that if it prevents one
injury it has easily paid for itself. An extra 2 grand seems like a lot of
money until you weight it against the loss of a finger(s), and then that 2
grand seems like nothing.

Thoughts, comments, advice?

Thanks,
Howard

As many would attest, I would strongly recommend it if you can afford it.
Having lost half of my thumb 18 years ago on a TS that I had turned off,
you can not be too careful.
From most reports, everyone is happy with their purchase of the SawStop and
it appears to be a top quality product.