Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Bandsaw and resawing

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi, Lee -

Leon has an axe to grind.

No, just telling it like it is. A good starter saw.

The Rikon is a fine tool. If pressed, it turns out that the only real
complaint he had was that the roller guides build up pitch with green
pine. And that he couldn't get the blade tracking consistently.

That would be green Oak. I have no green Pine nor have had any reason to
cut Green pine.

For the first issue: many saws come with roller guides. So this is
not an issue with the Rikon per se. And you mention dried oak, not
wet pine. Not an issue with the Rikon or roller bearings either.

For the second issue: no one else (nor me) has chimed in to say they
have tracking issues with the Rikon. Mine worked like a champ outta
the box.

Ummm you might want to Google a bit farther back. I was not the only one
with the complaint and even Rikon ad mitted to the problem.

Leon will bad-mouth the Rikon til the cows come home cuz he had a bad
experience. But I would be confident that you would have a positive
experience if you chose to purchase the Rikon, as well as many other
fine bandsaws.

I have not and do not bad mouth the Rikon. Where exactly did I bad mouth
it. If you like your Rikon FINE!