Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw and resawing

wrote:

The Rikon is a fine tool.**If*pressed,*it*turns*out*that*the*only*real
complaint he had was that the roller guides build up pitch with green
pine.**And*that*he*couldn't*get*the*blade*tracking *consistently.

For the first issue:**many*saws*come*with*roller*guides..**So*th is*is
not an issue with the Rikon per se.**And*you*mention*dried*oak,*not
wet pine.**Not*an*issue*with*the*Rikon*or*roller*beari ngs*either.

For the second issue:**no*one*else*(nor*me)*has*chimed*in*to*say* they
have tracking issues with the Rikon.**Mine*worked*like*a*champ*outta
the box.

I agree with you. No tracking problems with mine and so far no pitch buildup
sawing green logs.

I did have a problem with a table that wasn't quite flat enough to suit me.
Could have happened with almost any brand as few if any manufacturers age
their castings like they used to. Rikon replaced it with no questions
asked. The replacement was flat.

Note: I do work part time at Woodcraft, but that didn't drive my decision to
buy the Rikon. In fact, I had a Jet with a riser block on order when we got
the Rikon in. I promptly changed my order :-).

--
It's turtles, all the way down