Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC not working, Heating does

Sure sounds like your installer didn't wire it correctly. Call
him (her) back. Let us know how things go.

Or call another company and ask for a service tech.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Kitep" wrote in message
: Ok, my central air doesn't work, my central heat does. Took
the panel off
: the unit and found out:
:
: Blue (Rc) - Yellow = 0 volts
: Red (Rh) - White = 24 volts AC
:
: The furnace is new, put in last year by a professional
installer. The AC is
: old, and may or may not have problems of its own (I've not had
the house
: long enough to need it)
:
: My pal Google tells me there may be a fuse on the board, which
I will check
: tomorrow. But wouldn't a blown fuse keep anything from
working? If the
: fuse is good, I'm guessing the board is bad, but with it being
new that
: seems unlikely. Anything else I should check?
:
: Thanks.
:
: