Posted to alt.home.repair
dennis dennis is offline

Default Refrigerator Water Dispenser Slow

On Jun 4, 4:14 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"dennis" wrote in message

ps.com...

Kenmore Side-by-side Model# 2535808789A

The long story: Water flow on this fridge was fine until I replaced
the filter, then it slowed down.

Currently the fridge takes 45 seconds to dispense 8 oz. of water.

My current understanding is that this type of problem is usually
either the saddle valve or the solenoid valves. Neither which seem to
be the problem here. I do not know if this fridge has an additional
pump that pumps water or not.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

If you changed the filter and that slowed it down, why would you check
everything else and not the filter? Seems obvious that the filter is at
least part of the equation. The filter may be clogged, may be defective, of
something like hte carbon got out of the filter and clogged a valve.

Start at the filter and work forward.

The initial problem was slow flow. However, when flow stopped (as
described above), I needed to fix that problem. After I fixed that
problem by replacing the solenoid that burned out, I am back to where
I started which is slow flow.

When I replaced the filter (with a brand new one out of the box) I
thought there might be a temporary period when flow was slower than
normal.