Posted to rec.woodworking
goaway goaway is offline

Default New Shop Wiring?

The only shop that has a permanent layout is the one in the picture in a
book. I agree on drops from the ceiling. While my shop is in the basement,
all my drops 110 & 220 mid floor are from the ceiling. The one item that
most people forget is the small visitors to the shop. I have a disconnect
that allows me to kill the power to all the floor machines. This prevents
unwanted events when unsupervised folks wander in the shop during a party or
such. No one ever plans to have a accident. But it is just a little harder
to have one without power. A master kill switch by the door to the shop is a
one time expense. All the should haves, could haves, and would haves never
erase much. Good luck
Paul
wrote in message
Building a new shop, 24 x 24. Floor will be concrete. How practical is
it to put electrical outlets in the floor for stationary machines, TS,
bandsaw, etc? If not in the floor how would one recommend getting
power to machines set in the middle of the shop. Are extension cords
practical for both 110 and 220?