Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router table fence question

The Incra fence system (and many others) do exactly that, plus a lot
more. Not sure who you talked too at Woodcraft but seems like just
about the quality information I get from the folks at my Woodraft too.
I think in their last job they were used to saying "fries with that?"

On Jun 4, 9:11 am, steamer wrote:
--Ran into a situation the other day where I had to rout a series of
parallel slots in half a dozen pieces. Setting the stops on the router fence
is easy enough for one set of slots but when you swivel a router fence all
of the stop positions change. So I set out to look for a retrofit fence kit
of some kind that would move the fence back and forth, parallel to the first
setting. Well the guys at the Woodcraft store said there isn't one! So I
made one; not totally happy with the results tho, i.e. it can still wobble a
bit but it's definitely better than nothing at all.
--Question: anyone else been down this road? What did ya wind up
doing?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I still miss
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : rock and roll...