Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Bandsaw and resawing

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Thank you.

The hassle free factor is certainly a consideration. I wonder if that is
a factor in the other bandsaw designs? Or is it just costly to produce a
bandsaw that works well?

I was done with "hassle" when I got rid of the Craftsman. Better components
are part of it and the fact that most of the cheaper models come from the
far East and labor is cheaper. As an example the ceramic guides and holders
on the Laguna are obviously heavier duty and probably more expensive to
produce.

The picture at the top of this page shows the guides.
http://www.lagunatools.com/index.asp...ProdID=16&HS=1

The bearings on the wheels are whisper quiet and the wheels have a lot more
mass to them by comparison. IIRC my 16" BS weighs in at 465 lbs. The motor
is certainly a better brand than most.