Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing chimney ideas

In article . com,
adder1969 writes:
What I was wondering was, could I make a hole in the roof by the
chimney from the inside to avoid me having to use ladders and/or
scaffolding etc.

You might find the chimney is bigger than you think when you get
up there. When putting an aerial on mine, I found that when I was
stood on the roof next to it, it towered over me. It never looked
that big from the ground ;-)

If I'm throwing the bricks down outside I really need one of those
flexible tunnels.

When my neighbour took down our shared chimney, he dropped all the
bricks down the flue into his kitchen (which was a building site
at the time).

--
Andrew Gabriel