Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] Choise76Smu@EhOhEll.Net is offline

Default Replacing a sprinkler head

in
ups.com:

One of my sprinkler heads was shattered when mowing. This is a gear-
driven Nelson model.

you could phone nearer irrigation suppliers, they might still sell that, but they'll want a
relatively high price.

For replacement, I only saw two types in
HomeDepot - Orbit and Toro.

The Toro model (3/4" inlet) was not
adjustable for pattern, only did 360 degrees.

that implies something about home de pot

The Orbit model is adjustable. Is this alright for replacement?

try for same flow vs area ("precipitation rate", but to just compare heads, you don't
need to arithmetically translate the ratio to inches/hour)

i never tried anything by orbit (or nelson), so no idea if they're ok.

Also, how do I make sure all heads retract properly?

maybe they're just old? the risers are scratched up and the seals are? worn??

I found a few
that did not retract and cut the grass/roots around the heads to make
retraction easier.

if head is set at the right height, no need to do anything but regular mowing.

Also silicone sprayed them.
Anything else I can do?

Thanks
Mark Sabatini