Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Deck lumber recommendations

My old PT deck lasted 20 years with not much more than a power wash every
few years. It was only about 18 inches off the ground and when it was torn
off a couple years ago so we could add a room to the house I was surprised
the underside of the decking looked almost new! Had I known that I woulda
turned all the boards over about 10 years earlier!

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
(Mark) says...

Boy, I'd sure consider the composite. Maintenance free, particularly if
you
don't want to finish it every few years.

I pressure wash my composite deck once a year, which brings it back to
looking brand new. The framing is ground contact rated treated wood,
even though it sits on concrete, and the fasteners are stainless steel.
Replacing a deck once was enough. This one is going to last longer than
I will.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.