Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Painters and Insurance Requirements

"WendyC88" wrote on 02 Jun 2007 in
group alt.home.repair:

Hello. I am going to be looking for a painter to paint the trim of
my house. What should I look for regarding insurance? My neighbor
had someone fix her roof and he fell off his ladder and broke his
arm. The company he worked for denied his work comp claim stating he
is an independent contractor, so he sued my neighbor for medical and
lost time. She went through hell before he stopped pursuing the
claim and I want to be protected from this. Thanks

I'd never be insulted by someone asking for proof of my insurance. That's
why I have it.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement