Posted to alt.home.repair
cas cas is offline

Default Deck lumber recommendations

On Jun 2, 10:37 pm, "Mark" wrote:
Boy, I'd sure consider the composite. Maintenance free, particularly if you
don't want to finish it every few years. Paint is stupid on an open deck.
Stain and seal is a much better choice. I think redwood might be a little
soft for foot traffic. What's the 20 year old deck made of? Has it served
your needs w/o major maintenance?

It's PT. It was in decent shape when we bought the house, now it's
looking ratty. I treated it for a while then one year we had a rainy
spring/summer and I never was able to treat it, it went downhill from
there. Plus we have the cash to redo it, so I figure that the time is
right. I could probably redo what's there myself but want something
with some ROOM.