Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Painters and Insurance Requirements

"WendyC88" wrote in message

Hello. I am going to be looking for a painter to paint the trim of my
house. What should I look for regarding insurance? My neighbor had

someone
fix her roof and he fell off his ladder and broke his arm. The company he
worked for denied his work comp claim stating he is an independent
contractor, so he sued my neighbor for medical and lost time. She went
through hell before he stopped pursuing the claim and I want to be

protected
from this. Thanks

Require any contractor to provide you a copy
of his current insurance policy (paid up to date.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs