Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Bandsaw and resawing

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
om...
Leon wrote:

I have been down the path of resawing green wood on a Rikon BS. I had the
18" version and IIRC all of the Rikon's have roller bearing guides. This
is
not a good combination for resawing/cutting green wood.

I can't argue with your logic, but I recently resawed about a dozen green
apple logs on my Rikon 14" deluxe with no such problem. A couple approached
the 13" capacity of the saw. Maybe I was just lucky.

Perhaps. ;~)

I have heard of people actually waxing the blade. I haven't done that, but
you might want to give it a try. I worry that it might make the blade slip
on the wheels.

I would think that properly tensioned the wax would not pose a problem.
Sometimes wax creates a more grabby surface and most manufacturers recomend
lightly oiling the blades.

--
It's turtles, all the way down