Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Matching Bricks

On 2007-06-01, JohnW wrote:
said:

I would like to Extend my house in the next year or so and I would like
to find what sort of brick the house is built with so I can match the
new with the original (17 years old)brickwork. A couple of 'spares'
lying in the garden have 'WESTBRICK' stamped in the frog, but thats all
I have. What are my options to find the same or a good match.
Cheers All.

I needed to match some bricks for my conservatory and found out my
existing bricks were discontinued. I then found out (after walking
round numerous builders merchants' yards) that there are places called
Brick Libraries usually attached to brick merchants.

I found out about brick libraries when we were planning an extension (my
house is made of reclaimed hand-made bricks. A nightmare to match.) We
too have been to the Luton one, although there are others.

But in Bedford you're surrounded by bricks, surely?