Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Falling objects

Nate Nagel wrote:

Toller wrote:

16'-8" later, I hit the ground. I landed in some bushes which
broke my fall, but it hurt anyway. Had to recover the building with
a huge tarp (threat of rain), then drive myself to the emergency
room. Got four stitches in my right knee and alot of bruises and
scrapes. The doctor and nurse were amazed that I had no other
injuries AND that I had driven myself to the ER.

I missed the rest of that day and the next, but was able to work
(albeit at a slower pace) the following day.

MORAL; Take the time to make sure the scaffolding is secure.

Alternate moral; I am getting too old for this.

A few years back a climber fell 500 feet. Luckily there were many
bushs along the way and she walked away from it, badly bruised, but no
actual injuries. Presumably her incredible physical condition helped
some.
Not to take away from your miracle; to fall 16' and just have a cut is
pretty decent.

I once fell about 10 feet through a barn floor onto a concrete pad. I
was helping some guys put up hay and wasn't paying attention to where I
was going; was talking to another guy and walked right into a hole in
the floor. Oops. Only injuries were a couple cracked ribs, and a
messed up wrist (which is probably what cracked the ribs when I fell on
it.) I consider myself pretty lucky.

nate

That reminds me of when I was a kid. I was about 6 or 7 and
loved Rocky the flying squirrel. I got up on my dads shop
(single story, thank god) with a bed sheet. Can you see
what's coming?

Tied a corner around each ankle then held the other two
corners in my hands and jumped. Did a belly buster onto the
grass and knocked the breath out of myself so bad I thought I
was going to die.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.