Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Default95401 Default95401 is offline

Default LG LDS5811 Dishwasher Woes

I researched LG the last few weeks as we were ready to ditch our old
unit. The reviews were terrible with many mentions of Error "E1". You
should probably google that combo and see what you get.

I got a Bosch.
cv

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
We bought this unit new a month ago and on top of the poor layout of
the baskets, this morning, the unit's drain pump was running
continously and according to my wife, an error code of "E1 (water
leak) or IE (water inlet trouble)" (big difference) was being
displayed. Even after cycling the main breaker and getting PF (power
fail?) indication the pump continued to run even with the door open
and the unit apparently off (display dark).

While this was happening I poured about a 1/2 gallon of water into
the sump and confirmed that the unit was draining correctly. After a
bit of fooling around, the pump shut down on its own and we were able
to run an apparently good wash cycle.

What is going on? Is this model a problem? What usually causes E1 and
IE trouble codes?