Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
mm mm is offline

Default What to use to clean fins on central A/C compressor

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 21:46:06 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

I have a fin comb, but have made almost no progress straightening the
fins.

Is there a special technique I should use?

It is a two step process. You have to get then straightened a bit and
nothing to snag the comb by using duckbill pliers, Then you can use the

That's what I was leaving out. Thanks.

comb to align them. If you have one of those cheap plastic combs it takes
some time. Many years ago when I worked for a company that built
eating/cooling coils, they used a metal comb that was fairly deep.

I think mine is cheap plastic. But I won't know how cheap until I do
the first step first.