Ed Huntress

Default Calculator

"Erik" wrote in message
In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , Grant Erwin says...

The HP-1XC models, on the other hand, although slow
and battery-hungry by today's standards,

Say what? I think the batteries in my 15C are about
10 years old at the moment. Are more modern calculators
even *better*?

Jim

please reply to:

I have and use a 15C too... however, I change the batteries every 3 or 4
years as I worry about them corroding.

I figure batteries are cheap, 15C's are expensive now.

I have a 12C and a 15C, and I change batteries every ten years, whether they
need it or not. g

The battery life in those things is beyond belief. That, and my Fluke 75
voltmeter. The battery (or batteries?) has been in there for at least 15
years, and it's still going strong.

Ed Huntress