Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmy S. Jimmy S. is offline

Default replace outdoor faucet?

Here is the image of the outdoor faucet.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6cxlz0j.jpg

Could you tell me whether is a standard or "frost free" version you were
talking about? Thanks,

JIMMY

"Jackson" wrote in message
. ..
"Jimmy S." says:.....
My outdoor faucet is leaking at the turning knob.
It leaks only when it is ON (couple turns on the knob)
Since the faucet is buried deep inside the brick wall,
how do I go about replacing it? or perhaps, it is
possible to repair it from the outside instead?
My house is built in 2002.

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

Is this a frost free hydrant or a standard faucet? If it is the standard
faucet then yes try the packing nut trick, but if it's the "frost free"
variety you need the parts kit for the make/model of your hydrant. ie
something like this:

http://doitbest.com/Laundry+and+Fros...sku-492361.dib

Hope this helps!