Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Falling objects

16'-8" later, I hit the ground. I landed in some bushes which
broke my fall, but it hurt anyway. Had to recover the building with a
huge tarp (threat of rain), then drive myself to the emergency room. Got
four stitches in my right knee and alot of bruises and scrapes. The
doctor and nurse were amazed that I had no other injuries AND that I had
driven myself to the ER.

I missed the rest of that day and the next, but was able to work (albeit
at a slower pace) the following day.

MORAL; Take the time to make sure the scaffolding is secure.

Alternate moral; I am getting too old for this.

A few years back a climber fell 500 feet. Luckily there were many bushs
along the way and she walked away from it, badly bruised, but no actual
injuries. Presumably her incredible physical condition helped some.
Not to take away from your miracle; to fall 16' and just have a cut is
pretty decent.