Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Walter Cohen Walter Cohen is offline

Default What to use to clean fins on central A/C compressor

Sorry...I mean the condenser unit (which also houses the compressor)....

Walter
"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
news
Several people have told me that when they have their central a/c units
serviced the technician sprays a liquid on to the fins of the outside a/c
compressor unit and then they wash it off with a hose.

What is this liquid and what should I be using, as I want to also do this?
Is it just a soapy solution?
Does it need to be brushed into the fins with a soft bristled brush?

Thanks,
Walter