Henry Kratt

Default Calculator

Mike wrote:

Does anybody make a machinist oriented calculator ?

or what calculators does everyone use ?

how about a waterproof one ?

thanks
Mike

Mike,

I use an older HP 11C Scientific, among some other vintage HP's and keep
it in a one quart clear plastic zip lock bag that I replace frequently.
Fold the bag round back and tape it. The reason for the affinity for HP
is that I like RPN and the calculator carries 12 places of accuracy,
whether you can see it on the readout or not.

If I want to lay out 127 divisions around a circle, each step is 2.83
degrees, but calculator will carry 2.83464566929 degrees to be added to
the 2.83 degrees. This very accurate number allows the error to be
distributed around the circle as best as you can read your dial.

Henry