Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Raider Bill Raider Bill is offline

Default caulk preference

On Jun 1, 7:30 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Dennis,

I don't know what kind of silicone someone used before I got
involved. When I can grab one end of a silicone bead and pull it
out of the joint without breaking it, it tells me it was not
adhered to either surface. Try that with a bead of NP1 or
equivalent single part urethane.

Silicone is very sensitive to different types on different
substrates and will usually require priming. The NP of NP1 stands
for No Prime.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Dennis" wrote in message

Does that include the exterior grade rated silicone caulks in
that, or just interior grades used on the exterior?

"DanG" wrote in message
I agree with Marson. I have dealt with many silicone failures.
I believe in urethanes and Dow Corning 795 if you insist on
silicone.- Hide quoted text -

Look for a product called Vulcum. It's the best I have ever used!