Posted to alt.home.repair
Jacque Asse Jacque Asse is offline

Default 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside

If wood ..... consider carpenter bees ...also woodpeckers. Both pests
can form essentialy perfect round holes.

"rank beginner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd greatly appreciate someone's help with this. This has me worried.
Don't know what the heck these are for. They were never there, just
discovered them this afternoon. They are on a side of the house by the
family room downstairs, and that side of the house abuts a public
park, so a lot of cars park by it. The reason I'm concerned is that
these holes were definitely never there before, and I can only surmise
they were done intentionally. The idea of vandals is disturbing. There
are a lot of visitors, all types of people, almost round the clock who
come to enjoy the park and park their cars on the curb in front of
this side of the house. Theyre were a lot of people on Memorial Day
especially,but there's people all the time on that side of the house.

Anyway, could anyone say if they were done intentionally or if they
are the work of a racoon or other animal. They seem too perfectly
round though, for that. I'd like to post a picture but I'm not sure if
we can do that on this group.

Thanks,

Chris