Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home

Default limecale remover damage

On Jun 2, 5:37?am, "torge conrad maguar"
wrote:
"David Martel" wrote in message

link.net...

Terry,

CLR is a common cleaner in the US for this.

Dave M.

thanks to all. i've never seen CLR here in the u.k. would anyone
translate what it is, and would it be good for my application? Other wise
i see myself getting the water out of the bend (any tips on the best way to
do this other than spooning it up?) and using the harpic limescale remover.

I have used muriatic acid,

first plunge toilet, then sponge remaining water out of bend.

then pour most of acid down overflow tube in tank. this cleans the
interior toilet passages espically around the bowl rim. do you have
brown deposits around rim that clogs the holes and causes poor
flushes?

pour remaing acid in bend area wait say 15 minutes and flush noramally
say 10 times to dilute and move along any remaining acid.

use normal safety precautions open bathroom window. wear safety
glasses, pour acid into water NEVER water into acid, wear rubber
gloves avoid splashing, and take deep breathe, apply acid, get out of
room and close door promptly.

wait the time which gives acid time to work.

this is espically effective for toilets where the water swirls but
solids dont go down well.

Not long ago I fixed a friends toilet that had been broke over 2 years
in 15 minutes.

the acid dissolves the hard water sediment