Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Everest Stinks

HI CJB

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 03:26:00 -0700, CJB wrote:

I stupidly paid a £1000 deposit on new windows for my flat in December
2006. After hassling Everest for months they have only now delivered
the contract in May 2007. The local rep. (Heathrow) has been rude and
dismissive. No-one from Everest has bothered to actually contact me.
Now because I am threatening to cancel the contract they are going to
charge me another £1000 for loss of materials etc. In fact the windows
haven't even been made yet so I don't see how loss of materials
features in this. Has anyone else had a run in with Everest. They are
certainly the WORST company I've ever had to deal with. C.J.Brady.
P.S. Is there an anti-Everest / Double Glazing website anywhere.

My late parents had a similar experience with Anglian Windows.
They seemed to be organised along regional lines - and the regional
offices were very quick to disclaim all responsibility and pass the
buck up to head office - which also tried to pass it back to the
regions.

Total disaster, which involved serious damage to the structure of
their cedarwood bungalow (Anglian removed the structural timbers which
held up one side of the biulding and replaced them with a
non-structural set of UPVD patio doors).

Only solved after 9 months of wrangling, and a report for an
independant structural surveyor...

Best bet in your case is registered letters to regional and head
office - copies to BBC Watchdog - an generally jump up & down and make
a nuisance of yourself..... also follow up the Trading Standards and
Credit Card route...

Many solicitors will give you a half-hour free consultation - or try
the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Good luck
Adrian