Posted to alt.home.repair
Lindsey Lindsey is offline

Default Maytag Atlantis Dryer DEAD

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:03:37 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

Just replaced a 25 year old Sears Kenmore HD set with a matched set GE for
$600. Bigger CU feet on each, what a blessing. Included was shipping and
install plus the toadies dragged away the old units. My girlfriend is
happy, I'm happy, we have clean clothes and Harley shirts.

25 YEARS!!?!? You certainly got your money's worth. I don't think any
washer/dryer built today is built to last that long. I think they
figured out if they made them to break, you'd buy another one more
frequently .

Mine is only 6.5 years old. I don't think it should need to be
replaced in less than 7 years. I bet if I bought it 25 years ago - it
wouldn't have broke down in 6.5 years!!!!

Lindsey