Posted to alt.home.repair
rank beginner rank beginner is offline

Default 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside

excellent suggestion, Smarty.

As for why so much emphasis on the origin of them - Because I want to
k now if there's any foul play, that's why!!
We actually had a vandal damage the outside foundation wall once
(albeit not the same side of the house).
On that occasion, we heard the loud thump, thought the neighbor had a
mower or other object accidentally
roll into the wall, or something, but discovered somebody took a
hammer to the wall (or maybe just a heavy
blunt object, who knows) and struck the wall, causing a about a 15"
across chip/crack that left a noticeable
indentation. We had to patch it over but the stuff I bought at the
store when dry became a darkish-grey color that makes
it noticeable that it's a patch. We subsequently installed a security
camera on that side of the house. So far, no more
problems.

I just feel that any hole drilled in the side of your house should
arouse suspicion, unless it serves some specific purpose.
We have owned this house for over 30 years (it was my parents house
where I grew up) and we NEVER had these holes
drilled at any time be it for seepage, termites, or any other reason.
Plus, why did I notice them now?? I have raked over the
outside of our home constantly, and justs now see them. However, you
folks have given evidence which strongly suggests
they are indeed old....hmmm....tomorrow I will see if they are lined
with metal.

On Jun 1, 10:29 pm, "Smarty" wrote:
rank beginner........

Just to throw my 2 cents in here.....

Why not just fill these holes with some strong and waterproof material and
be done with it? So much of this discussion has been centered on speculation
regarding the origin of the holes, but little or no attention has been paid
to how to remedy them.

Possibly a new thread titled: "Best way to fill 1/2 inch holes in
foundation" would move this from being a lot of wasted time to something
constructive.....

Smarty

"FM" wrote in message

Meat Plow wrote in
:

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:38:04 -0700, rank beginner wrote:

Subject: 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my
foundation wall outside From: rank beginner
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:38:04 -0700

I just posted the link to the pics on photobucket. Why dont you tell
me what the foundation is made of then, smart ass

Chris

I was going to try to help but with that attitude you can forget it.

The OP is trying to have sex with his foundation.